Free return to work workshop
29 Oct 2012
We’re hosting a free workshop to help small to medium size employers, who have three or more claims per year, implement better injury prevention and management strategies.
At the workshop, we’ll work with employers to identify suitable duties, the importance of a stay at, or prompt return to work, and how you can use your injury history to identify and avoid risks and thus prevent workplace injuries.
- Date Wednesday 14 November 2012
- Time 8:30 am to 11:45 am - morning tea will be provided
- Venue WorkCover Queensland, Shop 3A5, Hyperdome Home Centre, Cnr Bryants Road & Leda Drive, Loganholme QLD 4129
- Topics Occupational physician Dr Yan Perumal and Customer Services Manager, Michelle Brady will provide practical tips on:
- functionally appropriate suitable duties
- identifying risks associated with suitable duties
- health benefits of recovering at work
- how to communicate and work with a GP to assist rehabilitation and recovery at work
- common injury time frames and expectations for a reasonable recovery and return to work.
Places are limited, so if you would like to attend please call 1300 132 128 and ask for Michelle Brady by Friday 9 November. By working together to prevent injuries and improve injury management outcomes, your industry rate can decrease, which is better for all employers’ premiums.