Support & benefits
WorkCover Queensland is here to support a worker in what can be a difficult and emotional journey recovering from a work-related injury. We may provide:
- weekly compensation (for lost wages)
- medical, surgical and hospital expenses and medicines
- rehabilitation treatment and equipment or services
- travelling expenses
- death benefits and funeral expenses.
A worker needs a current workers’ compensation medical certificate from the treating doctor to cover any time away from work and/or the period the treatment is needed. Treatment is directed by the treating doctor. WorkCover can only cover the cost of treatment if a claim is accepted.
We don’t cover the cost of:
- damage to clothing or jewellery
- vehicle damage if the injury occurs while travelling to or from work
- unauthorised hospitalisation costs.
- Last updated
- 20 August 2014
Safe Work Month 2014
What’s your most important reason for work health and safety? Get involved with scheduled events during the month of October to help raise awareness on the importance of making Queensland workplaces safer.